Every car is a life-long investment, so it’s no surprise that many people are interested in customizing their vehicles to fit their personal style. A vehicle color change is a great way to refresh your car’s look and keep you happy with your car for a longer time.
One of the latest trends in vehicular color change is the vinyl wrap, which is an alternative to repainting your car. This article will discuss why you should change your car’s color, and why utilizing vinyl wraps is the best way to do this.
Reasons to Change Your Car’s Color
There are dozens of reasons why people choose to change the color of their car. Among the more common reasons would include:
- Wear-and-tear: Daily use means your car will inevitably get mildly scratched up. Perhaps it’s a sign to have a complete color change, rather than trying to repaint over the minor damages.
- Unappealing color: Maybe you have grown to dislike your car’s color, or a limited number of colors were available when you first bought your car from the auto-dealer.
- A new look: You may like the way your car drives, but have outgrown the way it looks. Changing a car’s color is a good way to revamp its look and keep it stylish on the road.
Vinyl Wraps: Car Repainting Alternative
Unfortunately, car repainting is a messy, expensive, and time consuming process. Your car will have to sit in a shop for a longer time, as professionals would have to remove the upholstery inside it. It’s also a risky procedure, as there is no telling how the paint will react with the car.
The good news is that advancements in technology have given a rise to vinyl wraps.
Vinyl wrapping is the process of applying vinyl film to the panels of a car. Pressure sensitive vinyl molds itself onto the car panel and takes on its shape, giving it the look of a meticulously-done paint job. It’s a much cheaper and faster alternative to repainting when done by a professional. Other advantages of having a car vinyl wrapped are:
- Reversible: Vinyl wraps don’t have to be permanent. If you are unhappy with the color you chose, it’s easy to peel off the wrap and replace it with another.
- Protective: Vinyl wraps help preserve the original value of the car, as the thick vinyl surface adds an additional layer against regular road debris. Since vinyl wraps are designed with paint-safe adhesive, air-release and malleability features, vehicles are not damaged upon installation.
- Personalizable: With a wide range of colors and textures, you can fully customize your vehicle to reflect your tastes. There are matte, matte metallic, gloss, and textured vinyl wraps available in a variety of colors. You can even design a car vinyl wrap for your business.
Change Your Car’s Look
At Image Fleet Graphics in Connecticut, we offer vinyl car wraps at low rates and a fast turnaround time. Our graphics are installed by a 3M certified team, backed by a warranty with industry leading 3M MCS. Our specialty is advertising businesses through car and truck wraps, so your car is sure to be in good hands. Call us today to learn more.